I am known in my family and among friends of having a song for every occasion! I grew up singing songs with my mom and dad and through the years have learned many, many songs. Songs for me reflect history, feelings, hopes and ways to communicate to others some things that just can't be shared with words alone.
For many years I have directed church choirs, community choruses - both child and adult, directed community musicals, operas and led community sing-alongs.. While I have had the honor of singing with many talented singers and performers, most of the clear memories I hold are singing with people in a community of singers. Singing in a choir is an amazing experience! You don't have to be a soloist. You don't have to read music. You don't have to play a different instrument (I saw different instrument because your voice IS an instrument!)
So what are some songs you know that others may not? Here is my list:
I Had a Little Rooster
The Burglar Bold
I Wish I Was Single Again
Turn the Radio On
Don't Give Away My Little Shoes
No comments:
Post a Comment