Monday, December 26, 2011

Am I Tired Yet?

Getting older has some clear advantages - people tend to listen to what you have to say a little more, or at least they feel compelled to pretend to listen.  Looks to me like we get more doors opened for us, and we eventually get those Senior Citizen discounts, although it also seems to me that the qualifying age for discounts keeps getting older and older.

Gone are the days when someone my age would be looking forward to retirement and all the travel, fun and relaxation that would bring. Here are the days where we older folks have to continue to work.  So that is one huge reason I am wrestling with the idea of starting a community choir.  I left the track on my way to becoming a professional musician years and years ago but have consistently fantasized that eventually I would return and teach music, drama or a combination in the community. A couple of years ago I had the opportunity to oversee the drama productions at the local high school and loved it!. However it quickly became apparent that it was way too much given my work schedule. 

So now, I'm toying again with the idea of trying to build the community choir.  I love directing. I have always loved directing.  I WANT to do it.  Women my age quilt and paint.  I want to make music. 

No comments:

Post a Comment